Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Chapter Twenty Eight - "Done and Dusted"

Monday afternoon saw the end of written exams on my university course. Going into the exam, I was worried that my revision hadn’t been sufficient, and I even doubted my ability to recall the information I had revised. On entering the exam room I slowly read through the exam questions, remembering to breathe – always beneficial in situations like this. I soon realised that I would be able to answer the questions to a sufficient degree, so I calmly picked up my pen and began to form some sort of response. Only time will tell whether my efforts paid off.

With assignments handed in on the previous Wednesday, the thought of having nothing to do – other than continually checking for jobs online – is a strange one. Stranger still is the thought that this is finally it; the end of a seemingly interminable three years!

I can say that the compulsory part of the course is over. There is still the matter of the short period of elective placements however, so I’m not hanging up my student-shoes just yet.

With four of my five weeks filled with placements, I am in a good position for gaining experience and building up my competencies (if needs be). I will hear how effective my placements have been in a few days, when I get my portfolio back. I’m hoping for the best.

Looking ahead to my plans for the rest of the week, as I have no further obligations to academic work, making my planned events seem even more appealing. Wednesday sees another open day with interviews (something prominent in my mind, too), followed by a choir rehearsal focused on a Graduation Ceremony at the Royal Festival Hall, later in the month. Annoyingly, this falls during a week of clinical placement, but I remain hopeful that I will be allowed time off to attend; it’s our faculty after all. Thursday evening is taken up with a Christian Union prayer meeting; we had the last ‘proper’ meeting of the year last week (though it consisted mainly of games) – it was odd to think that it was finally my time to say goodbye. I suppose it had to come eventually. Saturday evening sees the joint Living Word and Christian Union ball (‘The Banquet’), which will be a brilliant opportunity to say my goodbyes and round off the year – both happy and sad. It will give me an excuse to dress up again, and I expect things to go out with a bang!

There’s not much else to say at the moment, but I hope to keep you all up to date with developments on exams, jobs, interviews, the Graduation Ball, elective placements, various weddings and my transition into the big wide world – although not necessarily in that order.

But with the pressure of academic work having been lifted, I can breathe easily again (despite the newly acquired inhaler by my bed – hopefully on a temporary basis), and I know I’m going to sleep well tonight. Tomorrow is another day.

Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.