Monday, 19 April 2010

Chapter One - "So It Begins"

Well, here we have it - at last I'm blogging... or at least attempting to. Whether or not this will be a success or a total failure will only become apparent as I continue to write, and it would be nice to hear back from you occasionally with feedback. I already know of one friend who does this; in fact the very same person who suggested I give it a go - Mark!

So to fill you in on university life, things seem to be going well at the moment. As I write I'm relaxing after a productive (and fun) day at my clinical placement where I got to practically manage a whole day's worklist myself, doing x-rays. A real confidence-booster! I'm currently focusing a lot on revising for an exam in May, and planning my dissertation (the dreaded D-word!), however I'm still really enjoying the radiography course here in London, and I look forward to how the rest of the year turns out. Though it is scary how fast time seems to be going. Not long before I'll be searching for a job...

Outside of my studies, the Christian Union is going well. We rounded off last term with a debate between the Christian Union and the Islamic Debating Society, on "Which is the True Religion of Peace for Today?". A memorable evening and a brilliant opportunity for people to share about what they believe. You can currently see it - in colour - on the Christian Union website: http://www.kucu.org.uk/. This week our Thursday-night meetings start up again, led by the new leadership team - I stepped down due to other commitments; plus, unknown at the time, my second clinical placement is at Frimley Park Hospital, over an hour away, which rather disappointingly means I won't be able to make future meetings (on time, if at all). There is still however, Late Night Church!

And I still keenly sing bass as part of the university choir. Although we're very low on numbers at the moment, dropping from around thirty to only five or six at my last count. What's happening to it??

The year finishes on July 9th, after which I'll be heading home for a well-earned break with a huge sigh of relief.

I think I should stop here before I get cramp, but do join me next time for more blog updates, yes?

Yes!

3 comments:

  1. Seems interesting! I look forward to hearing more. Let me know when you want to start the joint one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recent information informs me that my term in fact finished on June 26th, as the last few days are for revision sessions for people retaking the January exams.
    And I apparently get 8 weeks off, not 6.

    All good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *finishes (let's not turn this into another time paradox)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.