Hello all. Just a very quick announcement to say that I'll be performing tonight as part of the university Chorus in a concert called "Twin Cities" (because we're being linked with Amsterdam).
But this is no ordinary event, as the whole thing is being broadcast LIVE on the web, hence where the link comes in to play. It's free to watch online; just go to staffnet.kingston.ac.uk/multimedia/twin-cities.
As we're going to be filmed from start to finish (ie 7:30pm to 9pm) I hope I look the part, dressed all in black. I also hope that my hair behaves itself, as I decided against the haircut last week in favour of it 'looking nice'.
Even though I just about know my various parts, the event may prove a bit nervewracking as I'm the only bass in our choir. There are other basses (in the Chamber Choir), who will also be singing along with my part, but because they'll be standing behind me, there'll be none that I'll be able to pitch from or who'll be clear enough to give me support. So I'm praying I can manage.
Rehearsals kick off for us at 4, so I should be heading out of the door shortly, particularly as the busses can be unreliable at times when you need them!
I'll fill you in in due course, and if you're online at 7:30 then do please tune in and enjoy the show!
A good way to round off the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.