While I've managed to find a minute to myself (which isn't hard) I feel I should bring you up to date with life. I have two main reasons to celebrate right now.
The first is that on Friday we were finally given our exam results for our second year of university. As hoped, I passed, and am able to "progress to the third year of study". I obtained 62% for my latest OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) in May. To actually see the result for myself was a huge weight off my mind, as I was beginning to have second thoughts about some of the answers I'd given in the paper. You can be as confident as you like, but until you know for sure, your mind can readily go into turmoil! My lecturer was right about the results being skewed towards the 60s and 70s. The pass mark was 40%, and everyone in the year passed it respectably. We could all celebrate together, if we so desired. We also got the confirmed results of our January exams, but my provisional results were already B, C, D, so I was confident of a pass there too!
I haven't worked out my average grade so far, but as I see it, I should be on track for a 2:1 (>60%), which is positive stuff. I only hope and pray that I can hold it together when it comes to obtaining the rest of my competencies on practical placement, as I'll be working against the clock until term ends in December. But enough thinking about that for now. I know for sure that God has it all in his hands, and I trust everything to fall into place. You've brought me this far, Lord.
I was reminded of something I heard a while ago. At the end of last year, one of our lecturers told us that if we managed to make it through the second year of the course, we'd more-or-less graduated, as the second year was the hardest. This is immensely encouraging, and as a friend said on Facebook, when she heard my news: "Well done! :-) One more year and you will be bossing the students around!"
Earlier in the term I'd been concerned that because we didn't get our results until the last Friday before the holidays, how were we supposed to book travel tickets home? Speaking to Graham, my coursemate, I realised that we'd already been given our provisional results back at Easter... which explains why I was so happy back then, realising that it was highly likely that I'd get my eight weeks off for the summer. Now it's certain!
The second reason for celebration is a big one. After rougly two months of exhausting blogging I'm pleased to announce that two days ago I acquired another follower, bringing the grand total up to TWO! Every little helps.
Today has been chilled, with gradual packing of bags and watching of tennis. Come on Tim! Graham left earlier today, and I'm already feeling the effects - mainly a lack of someone to watch stand up comedy with.
I too will be returning home, on Monday. I look forward to the change of scene and seeing friends again. I knew it would go in no time.
But now back to enjoying my last couple of days in the Manor, and catching up on this evening's Doctor Who...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Though on my final point, if time-travel were possible, I would've probably already gone ahead and watched it.
ReplyDeleteTime is a crazy thing. Just as well God gives us one day at a time!