As I write this, you find me sitting at my desk in my room. It is the evening of the April bank holiday; needless to say, it’s raining. I have spent the day with friends, relaxing and doing indoor bank holiday things. However, as time passes by, I am reminded of the ever more pressing need to update my blog. My last post was before Christmas. I had intended to write a post in January, but never got round to it. Therefore, without further ado, here I am.
The main reason for not writing (if you will accept an excuse) is that life has been incredibly busy lately, and when I arrive home on a weekday evening, giving a blog entry ample thought is not the first thing on my mind. Rather my priorities are to relax from a full-on day, and sleep.
I am still in my ‘temporary’ job in Kent, although on the face of it, it seems very full time; working nine to five (…what a way to make a living), five days a week. Since January I have been rotated at a different hospital site, mainly to gain Accident and Emergency experience, although it is beneficial to work in another imaging department as it looks good on my CV. It has also been enjoyable to work alongside a coursemate here, and we’re both finding our feet in these early days together. I am now recognised as being a valuable team member, despite still being relatively new.
Outside of work, it has been enjoyable being a part of a growing Church (we now have two morning services, rather than one), and I have got back into a habit of daily Bible reading. I have now started having ‘One to One’ meetings with one of my pastors, and this has helped to keep me accountable to my commitment to spending enough time reading the Word. I have managed to incorporate these meetings into an evening where I find myself in town already, thereby making efficient use of my time. I am also enjoying my weekly small group meetings, and it is immensely encouraging to be meeting with likeminded people, and reading the Bible and supporting each other in prayer.
If I may offer up some topics for prayer at this time, in light of recent job applications, I would ask for you to join me in my prayers regarding fulltime work. Without going into too much detail, I am finding my current daily commute to be tiring (although manageable), and would like God to make it clear where I am meant to be. Ultimately however, I know that He has good plans for me, ‘to give me hope and a future’ (Jeremiah 29v11). Though these times are uncertain and stressful, I am in safe hands.
Finally it remains to be said that my birthday went smoothly, though in comparison to previous years, things have been rather low key. The years go by, but this year it has happened so fast that I haven’t really felt any older. As a friend said, when I told her I still felt the same, “yes, it feels no different as we age”. At least we’re in it together.
On a separate note, my driving exploits are on hold for the time being. I am waiting until things settle down, and I can plan my weeks better. It looks like I shall be learning in London from here on, however. The longing to pass my test still weighs on my mind.
The next milestone in my life will be my Graduation ceremony in May (and with it, a week off). Around that time I expect there will be another blog entry – if I get my act together.
For now, all this typing has worked up an appetite. Food calls, so it seems an appropriate time to end this chapter. As an old friend (now in Wales) one said, “see you next time”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.